We're very lucky to be welcoming 6 video game experts from prestigious companies to our Masterclasses (taking in place in Paris on the 15th and 16th December 2016).
Hailing from the US, Poland, the UK and Canada, they have each created a day long training program for professionals working in the video games industry.
- Krzysztof Lipka, Senior Sound Designer at CD Projekt Red, will use the game 'The Witcher 3' as a teaching tool to demonstrate the practical aspects of creating sound for this game
- Brian Allgeier, Creative Director at Insomniac, will share his techniques for architecting macro design and story - using examples from Ratchet & Clank as well as Edge of Nowhere
- Ben Kuchera, Senior Editor at Polygon, being a journalist himself, will share insider information on how to get your game noticed and covered by the press
- Benjamin Devienne, Head of Data Science at Gameloft in San Francisco, will demonstrate the methods and algorithms that he uses to segment their user base to better understand and engage with them (*this masterclass is in French)
- Spyros Samothrakis, Researcher at the Institute of Data Science and Analytics, University of Essex, will be leading a masterclass on how to use computational intelligence in games. He will teach you how to use Reinforcement Learning in conjunction with Neural Networks to train agents to perform tasks based only on sensory input and some notion of reward
- David Therriault, Team Lead Programmer at Ubisoft Montreal, will be training programmers on how to use C++ in the most optimal way via profiling (*this masterclass is in French)
More information about the classes
Each of the 6 masterclasses runs for 7 hours over 1 day. They'll be small groups, so each participant can benefit from a highly personalised, and hands-on, approach from the teacher.
As marked above, two of the masterclasses are in French. The other four are in English. Please bear this in mind when booking your masterclasses.
To learn more about each masterclass and to purchase your ticket please visit the website.
Please note that whilst the description of the English masterclasses are in English, the rest of the website is in French.
So, if you are not French speaking and you have any questions about how to purchase your tickets, or require more information on other aspects of the event, then don't hesitate to contact Sophie Romano at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on +33 (0) 685 087 149.
Vous êtes Français?
N'oubliez pas que les formations peuvent être prises en charge financièrement par l'OPCA (Organisme Paritaire Collecteur Agréé) de votre entreprise. (La réforme de la formation continue a diminué les taux de cotisation mais elle n'a pas supprimé la prise en charge financière des formations.)